Aretas Sensor Networks Inc.
Remotely Piloted Aircraft
Statement on Maintaining Privacy and Ensuring Safety
I. Trust is a critical foundation of a successful and sustainable business. Aretas Sensor Network Inc. (Aretas) has worked diligently throughout the history of our company to foster trusting relationships based on mutual respect, and this includes respect for the privacy and safety of individuals, businesses and institutions.
II. Aretas operates Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA), which are also referred to as Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) as part of a commercial service relating to aerial inspection, mapping and survey services. Most often this activity will be conducted in rural and/or industrial sites away from residential areas or public settings.
IIV. Aretas will not intentionally invade the privacy of individuals, businesses or institutions, and to this end Aretas personnel will take the following actions:
- Be aware of, understand and obey all privacy-related federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations relating to remotely piloted aircraft (RPA);
- Prior to operating the RPA, authorized Aretas personnel will conduct a site privacy assessment to ensure that the RPA is deployed in a manner that avoids gathering images or data that are not relevant to the work assignment;
- If upon analyzing the data and imagery gathered during a RPA work mission, it is determined that that private data has been inadvertently gathered, Aretas will take immediate steps to destroy, obscure or otherwise ensure that public privacy has been maintained. This will be done prior to sharing this information with customers and third parties.
VI. Aretas RPA are powerful tools that represent a danger to life and limb. Aretas pilots will operate the RPA in a safe and responsible manner, and to this end will take the following actions:
- Be aware of, understand and obey all safety-related federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations directly or indirectly relating to remotely piloted aircraft (RPA);
- Prior to operating the RPA, authorized Aretas personnel will conduct a site safety assessment to ensure that the RPA is deployed in a safe and responsible manner.
- Operate the aircraft only under suitable weather conditions and in strict compliance with established safety protocols.
- Ensure that Aretas RPA pilots are trained to Transport Canada Standard TP 15263 – Knowledge Requirements for Pilots of Unmanned Air Vehicle Systems (UAV) 25 kg or Less, Operating within Visual Line of Sight. The training program consists of three components:
- Aviation ground school training
- Transport Canada’s aviation regulations and UAV regulations
- Flight and safety training specific to Aretas fixed-wing and rotary RPA
V. If operating the remotely piloted vehicle anywhere near populated areas, Aretas personnel will take steps to ensure nearby individuals, businesses or institutions are provided with details about the time, place and nature of the work assignment.
If you have any questions about this or would like more informaion about our RPV's and solutions, please contact us today.
Call Toll Free (877) 218-6232 | Live Chat with a representative | Email Support